[C320-list] Propane Tank Pressure

Dave Sparks dlsparks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:22:28 PDT 2007

    The person in charge of refilling propane tanks for customers at
Amerigas told me the pressure gauge does not tell you how much propane is in
the tank. He placed a temperature-sensitive strip on the tank (for free). If
I'm concerned about how much propane remains in the tank, I pour a little of
the water remaining from making the morning coffee over the strip and there
is a color change that provides an indication of the propane level in the
tank. E-Bay has a starting bid of $0.99 for a package of these under the
title of Never Run Out of Gas Again.

   I had CNG (compressed natural gas) on my previous boat. I'm constantly
surprised by how little propane I use.

     David Sparks

--
David Sparks