[C320-list] Refrigerator Gasket

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 10:12:51 PDT 2007

This is just one person's experience but...if you call Catalina parts department in CA, and you are either able to get a live voice or a return call from leaving a voice message (both iffy at best), they will tell you to e-mail or fax your request with your credit card info.  For me, neither has never worked.  The order gets lost, is ignored, or whatever, but it has never worked.  I even brought this to Gerry Douglas' attention as a customer service concern several months ago.  The fact that they are still in a fax-world for ordering tells me there probably have been no changes.

HOWEVER, I have found that dealing directly with Warren Pandy in the FL plant does get positive results.  The drill is the same - fax your info and credit card info - but by faxing to Warren and following-up with an e-mail, I got results.  Warren's e-mail is warren at catalinayachts.com.  Up until finding Warren (I met him at the Philly Boat Show in January), I believed that customer service at Catalina was Frank Butler only which is fairly typical of these type of companies - management support and infrastructure does not seem to evolve at the same pace as does company growth until there is change at the top from such events as retirement.

At any rate, Warren is now my Catalina go-to guy!  Hope this helps...

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD

From: BAdams3491 at aol.com