[C320-list] Head Back Flow

Thu Jun 21 10:25:16 PDT 2007

I wear a jock, have jock itch at times but never had a jocker valve in the
head...what I have seen is a joker valve...are you calling Cal a jocker?
you say 'you're jocker valve'..perhaps you meant to say "Your joker
valve"...  :)

OD

             wes.giles at averyd
             ennison.com
             Sent by:                                                  To
             c320-list-bounce         C320-List
             s at catalina320.or         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             g                                                         cc
                                      "Catalina 320 Owners"
                                      <c320-list at catalina320.com>,
             06/21/2007 10:14         c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
             AM                                                   Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Head Back Flow

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

Cal,

You didn't indicate how long you're gone; "when I return". Minutes, hours,

or days. It sounds initially like you have a problem with you're jocker
valve. Easy to replace.

Wes

"Calvin Liebel" <ccliebel at telus.net>
Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
06/21/2007 10:04 AM
Please respond to
C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>

"Catalina 320 Owners" <c320-list at catalina320.com>
cc

Subject
[C320-list] Head Back Flow

Hello from the Pacific North West:
I seem to have inherited a problem from my previous boat. Water flowing
back into the head from the holding tank.
I use the KISS system of using the shower/sink fresh water as a source for

flushing so usually leave the leaver in the Dry position all the time.
My problem is when I return to the head and find the bowl half full of
(#*^@) I have tried leaving the selector leaver on the head in both
directions (wet/dry) with no change in results.
Asked a few owners about this problem, while some say "leave the leaver in

the dry position", it would seem I am not the only one experiencing this
problem.
The head works fine with only this hick-up, so have not tried to dismantle

the unit to date.  Should I dive in and check the system or is there
something I have missed in the instructions?  After all, I am a man and
who needs to read manuals?
Cal Liebel
Prairie Dream # 1056

computer.