[C320-list] Cockpit table 2007 - 320

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Mon Jun 25 12:35:22 PDT 2007

Scott:

In your post, you had mentioned the fact that the cockpit was too wide to
be able to brace your feet against the opposite seat.  I had the same
problem with our previous boat.  To solve it, I purchased a teak 2 x 2
and beveled the top edges, I think it was 45 or 60 degrees, and bolted it
to the cockpit sole on the center line.  This worked out beautiful, as
the teak matched the trim on the boat.  For the Catalina's, I would
suggest using Starboard, as the white plastic would better match the
Catalina trim.  Another suggestion would be to use some of the recycled
plastic decking (solid) that is available at garden supply stores, Home
Depot, Lowes & others.  It would probably be much cheaper then Starboard
and would stand out better so people do not trip on it.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150