[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Wed Jun 27 20:13:29 PDT 2007

Is this what Team New Zealand uses?

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Nigel Price
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:14 PM
To: C320-List
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Kiwi Prop

We fitted a Kiwi prop to a new C320 so we have no comparison with a
fixed
but we love it.
A couple of observations; it drives the boat much faster at idle,
especially
astern and max engine revs are lower than I've heard others mention,
2300-2400. Both these factors may well be a function of the blade
setting. I
haven't messed with mine since the installation but I'm tempted to
reduce
the pitch, which can be done under water. It's hard to assess the
reduction
in drag compared with a fixed prop for obvious reasons but it does
feather
promptly when out of gear without fussing with the gear shift. I would
fit
one again.
Nigel
Epiphany #1061