[C320-list] Bottom Prep question

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Thu Mar 1 04:19:44 PST 2007

Jon,
   Left over Mold Release Wax is the problem. I'd guestimate the # of poorly prepped hulls by Dealer/Yards at around 50%. Mine was the worst around the keel. When a friend bought a new 387 his was really bad and we split a gallon of the cleaner/solvent (don't remember the name) for that problem available at W.M. I'll get the name if nobody else comes up with it. The procedure that worked reasonably well for me was to get off all the flaking paint I could at spring paint time, clean the area, and paint. My friend is still struggling with large patches after a couple years but slowly winning the battle.
Stan
formerly "Christy Leigh"
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI