[C320-list] Emergency Steering Access

MICHAEL COLE miodio at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 4 15:43:27 PST 2007

A new crewman asked what that thing was in the cockpit floor. On trying to open it to show him, the lift up handle came away in my hand as the pin on which it hinges had totally rusted through ----it obviously was not stainless steel---good job it wasn't an emergency.   My question is---does the circular panel screw out or just pull out its been years since I last opened it and I've forgotten.
  I intend to put a small split pin in the hole left by the rusted out pin.
        Thanks------Mike Cole  #421   Mio Dio