[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM30F

mike hunter popotladreaming at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 09:41:04 PDT 2007

I'll be doing an oil change on my 3GM30F soon and I have questions for the Yanmar gurus out there.

  - What grade of oil do you recommend for the San Diego area - SAE 40?
  - How many quarts does it hold?
  - Is it possible to pre-fill the filter a little even though it’s horizontally mounted?
  - For the first time starting it after the oil change, is it necessary to crank the motor with the kill switch pulled to circulate the oil and fill the filter before actually starting it.
  - How often should the oil be changed?

  I've read it's necessary to drain the 'aqua lift' exhaust if the motor is cranked for more than 30 seconds without starting.  Where is this valve located?

  Thanks!
  Mike