[C320-list] Starboard gate stanchion replacement

Jim DeLong jdelong3 at neo.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 11:25:08 PDT 2007

The parts are in hand and I'm beginning to tackle the replacement of the starboard stanchion.

It looks like the easiest way to get to the main 3/4" bolt is to remove the wood battens in the starboard side of the aft cabin. The trim comes off easily.

But the port needs removed as well. Looks like this has a high risk of falling into the water. And when it is off, how easily do the battens come off? Are they glued in? If so it will be impossible without destroying them.

Has anyone done this job? How did you do it? What lessons were learned and what advise can you give?

Any knowledge will be greatly appreciated before I make a real mess of this job!

Jim DeLong