[C320-list] Boat Yard Blues

PJACKERMAN at aol.com PJACKERMAN at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 13:21:11 PDT 2007

The weather finally broke here in Chicago and I went up to Larsen Marine
boat yard to check on the boat.  When I dropped the boat off it had just  around
60-70 hours and full tank of fuel so I ordered the 50 hour service  on the
yanmar.  When I stepped on her today she had 111 hours and 1/2 tank  of fuel.
Someone must of let her idle for two days!  When I  confronted the service
manager I got the same thing I've gotten from them since  I've been there.  We
couldn't have done it, must have been you!

A few questions for those of you out there, 1) does it make sense that the
boat could put on 40 hours at idle on 7-9 gallons of fuel, 2) what should I
look  out for or what harm could be done running at idle for 40 + hours and 3) is
this  the type of service I should expect from all yards?  Year one 3 gel
coat  gouges and spider cracks up and down the stern from using the boarding
ladder on  land, their response, we couldn't of done it had to be you, year two
missing vhf  antenna, same response, this is my third year in the yard and this
is the third  time I've gotten the same response.  They are supposed to be one
of the  better and expensive yards around!

http://www.aol.com.