[C320-list] VHF DSC radios & GPS

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 19:27:29 PDT 2007

This makes the assumption that many here have DSC capable VHF radios.
How many have routed wires carrying GPS data from their chartplotter to
their radios, and how?  I'd like to do this, but I've heard so much
about the hassle of stuffing wires down the pedestal tubes and routing
them forward, that I'm considering purchasing a separate GPS receiver,
like the $99 USB Garmin LT-20
http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?
a=b&item=24708&section=10048 (or visit Delormes' site if the link
doesn't work) as a dedicated unit for the VHF.  I'd probably have to
modify/remove the USB connector to attach it to my radio, but it might
be worth the labor savings.

Regards,

Bob Seastream
Intuition, hull 906