[C320-list] Bottom Prep question, East Coast Rendezvous

Joe Barrett joe at dolphinmortgage.com
Thu Mar 1 08:54:52 PST 2007

Hi Joe, where do you moor your boat?
Joe Barrett

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Joseph A Tamucci
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:50 AM
To: C320 LIST POST
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Bottom Prep question, East Coast Rendezvous

I have the same flaking problem with Andante, hull #619, bought brand new
from the dealer in 1999.  I originally had ST-50 applied but my current
marina uses BOTTOMKOTE which has been applied for the last 4 seasons.  I
decided this spring I will have the yard sand blast the hull (they actually
use a powdered shell mixture) .  I assume a barrier coat will then need to
be applied to seal the hull?  Any suggestions on what paint I should have
applied.  I live in NE, have the boat at a mooring, and  very seldom scrub
the bottom.  Since marina's up here do not allow us to "paint our own
bottoms",  I would like to use a multi year paint to save $.

BTW:  I'm planning on sailing Andante to Mystic for the East Coast
Rendezvous Aug 10th - 12th and wonder when the site will be up and running
so we can see the schedule and make reservations at Mystic seaport.  We're
looking forward to reconnecting with all the great people we met in 2005 in
Newport.

Joe Tamucci

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 000720-0, 03/01/2007
Tested on: 3/1/2007 11:54:52 AM