[C320-list] Main Halyard Replacement

Mark Koch markkoch738 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:29:29 PST 2007

I replaced my main halyard last year (2006) with 7/16 Sta-Set.  Absolutely
no problems with sheaves or stoppers.  It does make a larger coil in the
storage bag when the main is set but it is not a big probelm for us.  In
addition, I feel safer hauling people to the top of the mast on a 7/16
halyard rather than a smaller diameter even though we use a safety line.

One other point that you may want to consider when replacing the halyard, I
made my new halyard long enough to reach the electric anchor windlass and I
use it to haul people up the mast rather than the main halyard winch.  It is
much easier than manually cranking them up.

Mark Koch
Still Crazy #738
Huron, Ohio

Mark Koch