[C320-list] FW: Battery charger/inverter

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Mar 5 12:02:26 PST 2007

Darrell,

   This is probably due to differences in equalization between the cells.
The ones with less water probably run slightly hotter than the others.  If
you have a charger with an equalization mode, you might be able to fix that
somewhat. Just keep water above the plates at all times and you'll be ok.
If the plates get exposed even for a short time, the exposed parts will
probably be damaged permanently.

For reference, I have a similar situation.  My forward battery, forward most
set of cells is always lower than the rest.  My shore charger doesn't have
an equalization mode.

-J