[C320-list] Perkins raw water pump update

Darrell dgray at n-sea.org
Mon Mar 12 16:44:00 PDT 2007

Just an update for those owners with the Perkins Diesel. I removed my raw
water pump and took it into the local Perkins dealer for service. They
intended to press in 2 new seals, one for the water side and one for the oil
side but found the shaft was to worn to garantee a seal. A new shaft ( about
4" long) is $300 but unavailable. A new pump is $600. I guess the lesson is
to replace the seals before it starts leaking.

Darrell