[C320-list] boat graphics pricing

Wed Mar 14 10:57:50 PDT 2007

Susan,

I used this guy for cuba libre 3...http://www.boat-lettering.net/  His
name is Chris Cox

OD

             moondancer5 at comc
             ast.net
             Sent by:                                                  To
             c320-list-bounce         c320-list at catalina320.com
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      [C320-list] boat graphics pricing
             03/14/2007 10:44
             AM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

I'd like to ask anyone who has gotten vinyl graphics done for their boat
about pricing.

I had 2 sides done for the 320 last spring, and had a bad time with the
vinyl place I used (they did a less-than adequate job on the output, and
then "forgot" to send me the second side and delayed my boat launch and
delivery by a couple of weeks). They charged me around $325 for the set. I
took it off at the end of the season and got a refund, and I thought I had
a NJ place that could output properly but they now seem to be balking at
doing a soft drop shadow behind the type. (I'm a graphic designer, please
bear with me.) I found another place online that's cross-country in
Washington, and they want $490 to do both sides (and want me to pay for my
own fedex if I insist on seeing sample chips of the vinyls.) Is this
pricing out of line? It seems expensive to me, but at this point I don't
know what's normal.

The original graphic is here on the site in Moondancer's (admittedly not
very full yet) photo album.

Thanks!

Susan

p.s. I vote for Mystic, at least then I can drive up for it. We're already
set to come to the Rendezvous there in August, and school schedules will
keep me from Florida in November.