[C320-list] Vibration Noise and Dealer

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 20:10:56 PDT 2007

Bruce,

I had a noise that I would describe in a similar manner. It went away as soon as I flushed air out of the bellows of the PSS shaft seal. If you have one (isn't it standard on newer boats?), let about a cup of water leak past the seal before you leave your dock or mooring. If that stops the noise, a permanent solution is to get a replacement VENTED carbon sleeve from PSS (they no longer sell the non-vented version) and run a hose to it from the drain fitting on the aft end of the heat exchanger. I can point you toward some pictures if this sounds like the solution for your rattle.

JeffC