[C320-list] More Yanmar 3GM30F Questions

mike hunter popotladreaming at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 14:24:52 PDT 2007

I want to start by thanking everyone involved with this mail list.  It is a blessing for novices such as myself.  I have a fair understanding of gasoline engines after owning a few Volkswagens during my younger years.  They have a way of forcing you to learn.  However, my knowledge of diesel engines is poor, particularly when it comes to the fuel system.  From what I’ve read it seems the key to a well running diesel is clean fuel.  I’ve added the biocide treatment and inspected the water/fuel separator under the primary filter – which is clean.  I plan on replacing the filters this season, but I want to be squared away first; as I’m concerned about bleeding the injectors incorrectly and for too long, and ultimately backfilling the motor with seawater.  Would someone be so kind as to break down the steps of replacing them?

  Also, how often should biocide be added to the fuel system for maintenance treatments?

  Thank you!!!

  Mike