[C320-list] Neutral or Reverse

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sun Mar 25 17:22:21 PDT 2007

Putting a 2 bladed prop vertical works well, as you mention Dick. It is
particularly useful with a full keel arrangement when the prop is located in
an aperture, between the keel and the keel hung rudder.
Apparently a freewheeling prop on a boat like ours is faster at low boat
speed, but slower at high boat speed, or maybe that's the other way around.
Anyway, I leave it neutral or reverse .... when I go back my old habits from
a time before the Kiwi.

A rotating shaft will cause undue wear on the clutch plates, that is
something I have had some experience with on the Hurth 50.

Kirk

Boomerang #124