[C320-list] Neutral or Reverse

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 05:59:49 PDT 2007

My memory's not that good.  I ditched my last fixed prop in '97
(because I didn't need to be sailing around with a sea anchor attached
to my prop shaft), so I can't remember exactly how much the speed
increased when I allowed the prop to rotate freely, but as I remember
it, the increase was on the order of 0.5 knot at about 4 - 5 knots.  It
was both noticible and significant.

Steve
Alchemist #909