[C320-list] Cabin Heaters

wes.giles at averydennison.com wes.giles at averydennison.com
Tue Mar 27 10:40:58 PDT 2007

There are several options to choose from. Much depends on your aversion to
price. There are wall bulkhead mounted units that use external fuel
(diesel or propane). These are the least expensive.  There are diesel
forced air units as described by Bob and Sheila. There are hydronic units
that heat using radiator like units and also heat the water in the hot
water tank. These are the most expensive. Actually a good sized oil lamp
hanging from the cabin ceiling will take the chill off, but won't actually
heat the cabin.

We installed a Webasto diesel forced air unit on our 387 and love it. It
uses fuel directly from the boats fuel tank. It gets real toasty in the
cabins now.

Wes
C387 #53
Former 320 #790 owner

"R Airis" <rairis at comcast.net>
Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
03/26/2007 12:41 PM
Please respond to
C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>

"C320-List" <c320-list at catalina320.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [C320-list] Cabin Heaters

I had a forced air diesel heater installed when new. It has a vent in the
main cabin and one in the aft cabin. It works with a thermostat just like
@ home. It keeps Hale Kai warm on those cool Puget Sound days and nites in

the fall and winter. It uses the fuel out of the main tank.

Bob & Sheila
Hale Kai2................#266

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the ntended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.