[C320-list] Ham radio (or SSB) antenna

Pat Tyler ptyler4 at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 10:21:40 PDT 2007

Sounds like a good setup Bruce.  I use a Icom 706 MK II with a manual tuner
also.  First I tried a hamstick on the aft rail.  It worked ok but I decided
to try just connecting the center conductor from the coax directly to the
backstay.  (Not Insualted)  Works great.  A friend of mine with an Island
Packet used this set up and told me about it.  Tunes on all bands with
little effort and I get excellent signal reports.  Easy install.
Pat
W4DAG
Jannie T #834