[C320-list] Ham radio (or SSB) antenna

Pat Tyler ptyler4 at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 12:15:49 PDT 2007

Barry,
What I did was since the transmission line was already ran to the aft rail I
soldered a piced of #10 wire to the center conductor about 6" long.  I then
used a stainless clamp that fit around the backstay placing the #10 wire
inside the clamp.  During the first 5 or 6 months I constantly checked the
connection to make sure I wouldn't have any problems.  It's been about two
years now and no problems.  I left the mount for the ham stick installed
with quick disconnects so I can switch back should the need arise.  Real
simple and works fine.  No, I don't need to change the position for
different bands just retune.  I'm currently watching e-bay trying to pick up
an auto tuner for the 706, but the MFJ941 works fine.  It's just getting
old.
Pat
Jannie T #834