[C320-list] Long Cruises and Miles

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Thu Mar 29 14:11:43 PDT 2007

Man that is huge, look up (google)Lake Travis in Texas 65 miles long
and 10 to 200 feet deep when full but a good swimmer can cross it
most anywhere. You learn to sail the changing wind much better than
an ocean sailor. People has been known to sail a spinnaker to a mark
and then sail it to the next mark the wind shifts so much. We have no
ice and you can sail 12 months a year. New years day 2006 we raced
with swim suits and no shirts, but x-mas 2005 we had to wear a t-shirt.

Pat

At 04:00 PM 3/29/2007, you wrote:
>My current water is not more than 2 miles wide and 26 miles long. I
>revel in the stories of longer cruises in more open water. Don't be
>shy...contimue!
>
>Brian Amirault
>#797 Waltzing Bear Too

Pat Moriarty