[C320-list] Ham radio (or SSB) antenna

Thu Mar 29 15:04:06 PDT 2007

It had a great report from Gordon West (comm guru here in So Cal, he also
writes in Sail magazine), that's the reason I'm interested in taking a
look at it, his recommendation is really worth a lot to do some initial
investigation. Otherwise, I would agree with your wet string analogy! :)

             Robert Seastream
             <robert.seastrea
             m at comcast.net>                                            To
             Sent by:                 C320-List
             c320-list-bounce         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Ham radio (or SSB)
             03/29/2007 02:59         antenna
             PM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

Yes, I'm aware of that one, just haven't enough input from users about
how well it does (doesn't) work.  Hate to toss $400 on the equivalent
of a wet string.

Bob

On Mar 29, 2007, at 5:45 PM, Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com wrote:

> Take a look at this one, it slides over the backstay and fairly
> inexpensive at about $400.00...I am looking at this for my SSB install
> on
> cl 3...
>

>     GAM Split Lead SSB antenna - alternative to insulated backstay.
>     This innovative antenna simply slips over the backstay to turn
> your rig into an effective SSB
>     antenna. Click here for brochure.
>
>     Note: If you order this item with "The Works" M802 or M710
> package, the 20' of GTO-15 that is part
>     of that package will not be supplied and $17 will be deducted from
> the package price. GTO-15 is
>     NOT needed with this antenna.
>
>    http://www.hfradio.com/Stores/ssbham_store.html

> to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the ntended recipient is
> prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
> and delete the material from any computer.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the ntended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.