[C320-list] an apology

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Sat Mar 31 13:46:35 PDT 2007

Someone sent me a series of e-mails off the list stating that I was
presumptions and arrogant for my asking who sailed more times and/or
more miles than I did.  That wasn't my intention, my intention was to
get some talk on the list about sailing, and boy I accomplished that.
For a few days we read some great posts about sailing and a number of
people sent me great stories and charts off-list. For a few minutes I
got to imagine sailing the Florida Keys, the Gulf Stream and the waters
off of Vancouver Island.  It was far better than "Sail" magazine I
assure you.

I want to quote below part of the apology that I wrote to the person who
I inadvertently offended off the list.

"What concerns me _________ is that you are taking me way too seriously.
I did not mean to be arrogant and offend anyone, particularly you.  If
offense was taken then I apologize.  I was trying to have a little light
hearted fun.  If that seemed arrogant than I apologize most profusely.
May I respectfully suggest that you add my name to your block list and
then you won't have to receive my e-mails.  You particularly won't like
the one I will send tomorrow so I submit that you don't open it nor
delete it. My concern with the list is there is very little talk about
sailing, my intention was to spark more and at least for a few days I
did.  If that offended anyone than I apologize and would be happy to
take anyone whom I offended out sailing with a meal on board next time
that person is in the San Francisco Bay Area."

I hope and trust that everyone on the list accepts my apologies and I
hope that someone--whether or not I offended them--will take me up on my
offer for a sail and dinner on San Francisco Bay.

Warmest Apologetic Regards,

Adam