[C320-list] ULSD (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel)

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Thu May 10 12:54:43 PDT 2007

On page 99 of the May issue of Sail, in the Diesel Notes article, it  is
suggested, that due to the reduced sulfur content in the new ULSD, that we  should
use an additive which would add back into the fuel a lubricant that the
sulfur used to provide in the old LSD.  I own a diesel truck, and my dealer  and
his mechanics all say that the new USLD has a special additive in it  that
provides the lubricity formerly in the old fuel.

Are our boat engines different from truck diesels?

I sent the above as a question to the author, I'll let the forum know
if/when I get a response.  Any thoughts/comments from this fine group are  most
welcome.

Bert
At Ease