[C320-list] Reefing Help

Amirault Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Mon May 28 13:35:51 PDT 2007

Greetings:

Had my all-in-one first sail and first race with Waltzing Bear, too this
past Thursday. The expectation was that we would drop out early to
correct setup problems of our own making. Nothing went seriously wrong
and this first race with a boat new to the entire crew managed 6 of 12.
We hope for better as the boat, it not the crew, is a contender.

My problem is that I have yet to set up the reef lines. I have two reef
lines, each knotted at both ends and running through the inside of the
boom. At the back end, this includes two internal to the boom pulleys.
There appear to be no brackets or blocks on the boom as attach points,
but there is a block for each line at opposite sides of the bottom of
the mast, and labeled stoppers for each near the cockpit.

How are these lines run? I have a 2001 boat but the reef page in the
manual has an issue for 2003 and newer; and the diagram only resembles
what my boat actually looks like. The main has full battens and a
Dutchman. Any insight will be appreciated.

Brian Amirault
797 Waltzing Bear, too