[C320-list] Pricing Perkins Parts: ala water pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 10:09:00 PDT 2007

Re: parts for raw water pump. Last year I replaced the coolant pump (the belt driven one.)  Water pump was about $250 from Perkins dealer Trans Atlantic Diesel http://www.tadiesels.com.  I doubt their is an alternate source.

The glow plug relay is mounted to the engine block with small vibration isolating rubber mounts.  Last year one broke and I repaired it; but, it failed again.  I called TA Diesel.  The told me the parts were $60 (I assume that was for two mounts, don't remember.)  However, they were not in stock in the US and would have to be ordered from Perkins in UK.  Good old Google found a US company that makes these things.  I bought several for about $7 each.  With shipping, the total cost was less than half of the Perkins option.  It pays to look around.

Re the raw water pump, it is a jabsco pump.  Check around.  Perhaps there is a non-marine Jabsco source.  Try Depco Pump Company http://www.depcopump.com  Their on-line documentation is excellent re. pumps and impellers.  I'd give them a call.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay