[C320-list] Fuel Gauges

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed May 2 06:07:49 PDT 2007

Hi Jim,

   It's really no big deal to change the sender.  Took me less than 15
minutes.   It does help to have a socket wrench with a phillips head bit to
make things go faster.  I didn't replace my sender, but had to rotate the
sender because it was installed wrong at the factory by SeaWard.  Gerry
Douglas had me rotate it 90 degrees so that the sender wasn't hitting the
side of the tank, and said that several boats had that installation problem
at SeaWard.  The symptom I had is that it would never read past 1/3 of a
tank or something like that.

You won't get any fuel smell, and the rubber gasket around the sender
re-seals easily.  Once done, just wipe down any spills wd40 or a soapy
cloth.
It's an easy project.

-JeffH