[C320-list] Fuel Gauges

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed May 2 17:07:43 PDT 2007

Ditto on Jeff's solution.  My 2002 (Hull 894) fuel gauge would not show full
when the tank was full and if you ventured into the compartment where the
fuel tank was you could hear that the float on the level transducer was
tapping against either the tank wall or a baffle inside.  It took about 10
minutes to remove the transducer and rotate it 90 degrees.  On my boat the
clearance between the top of the tank and the top of the compartment is very
tight requiring using a short Phillips bit and pliers to remove the
transducer.  After that the gauge has been dead on accurate.

I still log hours and fuel addition out of prudence.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894