[C320-list] Where should we move to?

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Fri May 4 04:35:49 PDT 2007

Jeff - I am not sure that cruising grounds anywhere in the US are quite as
rich and varied as the Chesapeake Bay.  For example, I have been sailing out
of Herrington Harbour South for the past 20 years and there are still
numerous places to drop the hook for an overnighter that I have not yet seen
but still are on the list.  And if you have 2 weeks, there are no limits to
what you can do and where you can go.  We have gone north to Georgetown on
the Sassafras River, just south of the C&D Canal, and south as far as
Norfolk and a lot, but not all, in between.  Folks on our dock constantly
talk about where they are going to move the boat to and live when they
retire.  Linda and I are so grateful to already be there!

We put heat and A/C on Sea Shadow so start sailing just about the last week
of March and sail until the first week of December routinely.  This past
winter was a gift as the boat stayed in the water and I was able to sail in
January.

As for places to live, I would suggest coming down and exploring both the
eastern and western shores of the Bay.  We don't intend to ever leave
Columbia but there are so many tempting places... - Allan