[C320-list] What to look for when buying a C320

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 14:01:39 PDT 2007

Peter:

  Look out for a seller with a black patch over their left eye & a parrot on their shoulder!

  Through the years Catalina has added features & improved different areas of the boat.  Many items are of personal preference.  I like certain features of my boat that  Catalina doesn't offer anymore.  Two examples of this are the forward bulkheads (v-berth) cut outs, making for a very open concept.  Also, the wide open swim platform which on newer models is much narrower.  I enjoy and wanted the  fin keel, many people prefer that wing keel.  A lot depends upon the area you are sailing.

  Get a good surveyor, do your home work, and have fun.

  Karl Krueger (Kindred Spirit #282)

peterbelsky <peter at peterbelsky.com> wrote:

Hello C320 list,

I am close to purchasing my very own 320 and am looking forward to
being a part of this forum. Can anyone advise on things to look for
during my pre-purchase survey?

Are there any C320 specific issues that I should keep an eye out for.

Many thanks, and figures crossed! Peter