[C320-list] What to look for when buying a C320

Ken Danko sfca33 at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 19:18:25 PDT 2007

Peter:

I have #802. My first piece of advice is to hire a good surveyor. He should
suggest that you be there during the survey. It's your opportunity to learn
a lot. There are books on buying a used sailboat, you might want to pick one
up and read it.

If #803 has a dodger, it is probably close to time to replace the canvas.
Look carefully for wear. Look at the sails carefully as well, they may be
showing signs of wear. Take it out for a test sail and make sure that all
the electronics are working. If it has autohelm, make sure that it sails a
straight course on different points of sail and make sure that it can tack
properly.

The standard head is flimsy. Test it. Mine had visible mineral deposits
which was a bad sign.

The boat you are considering is about seven years old and may have original
rigging. If it does, check the lines to see how much wear is present.

It's a great boat and you will love it especially as you sail it and get to
know it over time. At this point, all the checking is to get a reading on
how much you will need to spend on it over and above the selling price.

Good luck,
Ken Danko
#802 Grace
San Francisco

>From: peterbelsky <peter at peterbelsky.com>
>To: c320-list at catalina320.com
>Subject: [C320-list]  What to look for when buying a C320
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 21:41:52 -0400
>

>Looking at a 2001, hull 803. Thanks, peter

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507