[C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

stevelgross stevelgross at comcast.net
Sun May 20 14:48:47 PDT 2007

If your batteries are Lead acid cells and more than 5 or (with luck} 6 years
old, they are at the end of their life. Lead acid cells tend to die a rapid
death at that age.  The plates become coated with sulfate and won't hold a
charge.
We had a similar experience on the eave of a 100 mile boat move.  We turned
off the shore powered battery charger the prior evening and woke in the
departure day AM, finding batteries would not turn over the engine.  We were
fortunate that the marina crew was able to install replacements prior to our
departure.