[C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

Sun May 20 15:38:57 PDT 2007

There's no constant 'life span' for wet cells...use a specific gravity meter to check 'em out. Measuring voltage is not the way to find out where in their life span they are. There are many methods of prolonging battery life--Read Nigel Balder's 12v book...
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Robert Seastream [robert.seastream at comcast.net]
Sent: 05/20/2007 03:31 PM
To: C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

I've heard reports of 5 years lifespan to a whopping 11 years lifespan.
  Now I'M worried, because my boat is a 2002.  Only remarkable
occurrence is that I recently charged them to a trickle charge in
drydock; one week later the voltmeter said they were at about 12 volts
resting.  This voltmeter (however crude) indicates that's about 75%
charge.

Bob Seastream
Intuition, hull 906