[C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

Mon May 21 10:38:17 PDT 2007

This where I bought mine--$850, no CA sales tax,  free delivery to my
office in Pasadena

I would look at the Honda 2000 instead of the 1200

.http://www.mayberrys.com/honda/generator/models/eu2000i.htm

OD

             Len
             <aqua5len at gmail.
             com>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 C320-List
             c320-list-bounce         <c320-list at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Battery Selector
             05/21/2007 10:31         Switch
             AM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <c320-list at catal
               ina320.org>

Paul,

After reading your battery saga, I'd like to get a portable
generator---which portable 1200 Watt generator Make/Model do you have?
Cost/where bought?

Thanks,

Len Krane
Aqua5   #1070

On 5/20/07, Vpweikel at aol.com <Vpweikel at aol.com> wrote:

> We had what I call a strange and unexpected occurrence while anchored
out
> this weekend.
>
> Before retiring for the night, I was careful to put the selector switch
on
> battery #2 only so that in case the battery bank was drawn down, I'd
have
> battery #1 for a back-up to start the engine.
>
> As I expected, the anchor light and a few other small miscellaneous uses
> drew the battery down low enough that the engine would not crank ( I
> purposely
> turned the reefer circuit off ).  Feeling good about the back-up plan, I
> switched over to battery #1 and turned the key.  Nothing
> !  Both  batteries were
> down.
>
> I know for a fact that the batteries are at least 5 years old since
> I  have
> not replaced them.  The boat is a 1996 and for all I know the  batteries
> could
> be 10 years old which is well beyond the normal expected life  span.
But