[C320-list] Adler-Barbour refrigeration

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 26 06:30:12 PDT 2007

Charles,  the main thing to consider is if the unit lost its charge over a 10 year period--or did it go quickly (in a couple of weeks).  If over a long time, then you can evacuate the system and re-charge.BUT, if a quick loss, then the leak must be found and repaired first atherwise the new charge will leak out too.
  It is easy to determine whether your unit uses R-12 or some other refrigerant--It is stenciled on the compressor body.
  A-B is very good with providing information.  Just e-mail or call the 800 number to obtain any specific help you may need.
  Kenneth Cathey,  OBUOY  #219

charles walsh <chazw199 at msn.com> wrote:
  Windrifter #317 is a 1996 model equiped with the Adler-Barbour Cold Machine that has lost its charge. In my area it is difficult to find anybody to work on boat refrigeration so I was wondering has anyone ever picked up a recharging kit from an auto supply store that will work on this unit. The unit probably originally came charged with R-12. Thanks for any info.

Charlie Walsh