[C320-list] traveler car

Darrell dgray at n-sea.org
Tue May 29 06:20:28 PDT 2007

On my 94 C320 #88, I have the original Garhauer traveler which has worked
fine though many have mentioned the upgrade works alot better. While
replacing the line last weekend. I noticed their are 2 set crews one at
either end of the front of the car (bow end). The set screws actually
interfere with the line and seem to cause unneccessary ware and friction. I
thought about removing them but I believe they must serve a purpose though I
cannot tell what they do. Has anyone with the older traveler system
encountered them or removed them?

Darrell