[C320-list] Frig gaskets

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Wed May 30 06:44:35 PDT 2007

I did this about a year ago and the acetone and lacquer thinner are
not too friendly to the plastic. You will do most of it with a putty
knife. You just need a smooth and level surface to bond to and it
will stick to the glue or the plastic. The white gasket sure made a
more pleasing appearance when you look it the frig.

Pat

At 08:06 AM 5/30/2007, you wrote:
>Dave,
>Thanks.  I was looking for an alternative solution, but none seems
>to be forthcoming.  I will probably order white gaskets from
>Catalina.  I measured the frig + dry storage and it appears that
>I'll need 16.6' of the stuff to do the job, I'll order 17' to be
>safe.  I will try your contact cement idea though.  The original
>installation was very sloppy and the excesive adhesive has grabbed
>all the yuck.  My wife has been bugging me, so I guess i'll tackle the job.
>Thanks,
>Sincerely,
>Herb Creech
>Cloud Chaser #606

>From: Dave Anderer <danderer at udel.edu>
> > The gasket on my 99 had pulled loose on the frig.  I removed the
> > exposed (and ugly) adhesive with lacquer thinner or acetone or the
> > like.  Reattached the gasket using contact cement.  It has held up
> > for a year so far w/o problem.
> >

> > On May 28, 2007, at 3:45 PM, hcreech at comcast.net wrote:
> >
> > > i really would like to replace the ugly gaskets in frig and dry
> > > storage on my 99' 320.  They are black and the adhesive on the base
> > > they are secured to is disgusting looking.  I can't be the only one
> > > that has encountered this problem.  Does anyone know a solution.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Herb Creech
> > > Cloud Chaser #606

Pat Moriarty