[C320-list] Shaft Alignment -- Article and spreadsheet posted

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 31 15:42:33 PDT 2007

Jeff, A question concerning your decision to change from the PSS.  Why did you abandon the PSS?  What do you propose when you wrote "go back to the PSS shaft seal(with vent)?
  I am planning to install a PSS within the very near future-----What problems and/or considerations should I be aware of before I continue?  Thanks, Kenneth Cathey  #219

Jeffrey Hare <Catalina at thehares.com> wrote:
  Hi Warren,

Thanks for the article and spreadsheet. They're posted on the website
now. If we run into copyright complaints from the author, we'll either get
permission or take them down as required, but they're posted up there for
now.

I'm going to give this a shot this weekend since I just replaced my prop
shaft.

-JeffH

PS: Now I'm on the hunt for a pair of cheap 1-7/8" wrenches for adjusting my
stuffing box. I switched to my original stuffing box with GFO packing.
I'll compare this with the PSS I've been using for years. Next season I'll
either keep going with GFO or go back to the PSS shaft seal (with vent).