[C320-list] Bilge Spaces

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 11:08:35 PDT 2007

Gary, I saw the same problem on our $62.  I just pumped out the space through the access under the port floor.  It seemed to be somewhat clean.  At least, it was not smelly.  Ask the yard to block your bow high next haul-out to be sure you are getting at most of the water.

I have all the recommended holes drilled and plugged in the stringers.  I've never been brave enough to pull the plugs to see if there is any water trapped.  I have a hole between the bilge and the next space to port toward the galley.  It is plugged, but I get some seepage out of the bilge and can't seem to stop it.  That space has a hole into the space under the galley cabinet, and it seems there is always a small amount of water in there.  It seems that the hole between the bilge and the next port space might have been drilled too low as in the bottom of the hole there is an opening to the referenced space between the liner and the hull.  Try as I might, I haven't been able to stop that up or get the plug to fit well enough to stop the water.  I just live with it.  Doesn't seem to cause any problem.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay