[C320-list] Fw: Can you help

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Thu Nov 8 14:02:30 PST 2007

For those of you with the Yanmar 3GM30F -- and anyone else who may have good ideas.

The pictures are of my exhaust elbow (mixing elbow). Seems I have a leak where the nipple enters
the unit, I believe this to be stainless. When I bought the boat I had this welded because it was leaking.
Well, it is leaking again. Four years ago I called Catalina and seem to recall they wanted $280 for a new
one and I had to send in the old one because each one is unique. Catlina make this part not Yanmar.
Do you think any good muffler shop could either fix this or make a new one?

Another option is to get a Yanmar part from Mack Boring, then buy new exhaust hose. Cause the Yanmar part
probably won't fit the existing length.

Any ideas?

Paul
657