[C320-list] Backing into slip

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 16:27:24 PST 2007

Yes it is a bit harsh but we all seem to manage.  Our group of C320s have
come up with a rating system.  On a reasonably calm day around maybe 5 kts
or so, we get a 100 if we bring the boat to its final position with no help
from crew, the Captain hasn't touched a pier, the boat hasn't touched a
pier, directly into the final position and stopped.  Push off a piling, get
help from the crew, or a boat touches the piling then points come off.  It
is just a for fun thing but there is nothing like a little competion to
improve skills.

When the wind pipes up we do what we have to do such a warping the boat in,
but in 8 years I have never gone into my slip forwards; however, when
traveling we almost never back in.  I am not exactly sure why.  Maybe we are
not as social at a new marina.

Rod