[C320-list] Backing into slip

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 16:40:34 PST 2007

Dennis,

My slip faces NW so when the wind is up I often end up with my stern against
the first pier on my port side with the wind trying to swing the nose to
port.  Unfortunately the boat to my port has a large anchor sticking past
the slip so I really can't afford to let the boat fall off in that
direction.  My wife wraps the spring line around the rear cleat and I really
rev the engine to pull the boat around the pier.  The boat is rubbing hard
against the pier while I am doing this and I have not seen any problem with
the rub rail.  My biggest problem with the rub rail is sun damage as it is
always exposed to sun.

Rod