[C320-list] Major Purchase

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:25:13 PST 2007

Herb, knobs like you describe are available in local hardware stores.  I find them among things like storm door parts.  Usually, they are in plastic trays that slide out from a case.  Look around the loose fastener area.  The "box" stores have speciality parts like this; but, a decent local hardware store may have a better selection.

Having said that, I found the knob screw a pain in the thumb.  I replaced them with cap screws and use an allen wrench.  I find this is no problem.

On our #62, the gate plate is a curved affair with two screws.  The plate is supposed to slide out of the way without having to completely remove the screws.  I had to make and additional bend and elongate the screw holes before it would do that.