[C320-list] OIL CHANGE

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 17:25:17 PST 2007

Bruce - I bought a bunch of kidney-shaped, plastic emesis basins (the things you ralph into after a good night of partying) at the local drug store.  I place one flush up against the engine, under the filter, and then start uscrewing the filter.  All of the oil falls into the emesis basin which I then discard after pouring the oil into the recycle bucket at the marina.  I place a pad under the basin to catch any drops but in all of the oil changes I have done using the basin, no more than 2 drops have ever hit the pad.  The basins are cheap, disposable if you wish or reusable if you want to clean them, and are very effective. - Allan

From: "Bruce Stumpp" <bstumpp at comcast.net>