[C320-list] Catalina 42 backstay

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Nov 15 18:28:29 PST 2007

Hmm...given the below comments (cut and paste to trim size), it sounds
like a 42 might be the way to go.  Jeff Hare had said the same to me
over the summer.
I know we'd want the 2 cabin, along with the 'island' bed (if that's
the one you can approach from either side), and the single backstay
sounds like a better idea than the split on the 40.  I thought the idea
behind a split backstay was to spread the load as the boat (and mast)
size increased.  Clearly, this isn't so.  What's the point of the
split, then?

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906