[C320-list] Messages from LLM

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Nov 23 08:20:01 PST 2007

I think it was "SailJazz" that got people to join, then decided to charge to
participate. What a poorly thought out idea.  They wouldn't even allow the
association to pay a single fee and allow anyone to freely participate on
their c320 list. They wanted individual payments, which made it worthless as
a resource.

Sailnet restarted their list server using the old membership info.  It was
and is still free, but like SailJazz, they claim ownership of all discussion
content.

Neither list gets that much C320 traffic as far as I can tell.

-JeffH