[C320-list] Knotmeter knot working

Ken Danko ken320 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 20:27:19 PST 2007

Bill:

Your friend is correct. Unscrew the fitting in the v-berth, get ready to
replace it with the spare which has no flywheel. Pull the ring of the
fitting and immediately replace it with the spare, screw it tight. Then
you can clear the flywheel and reverse the process. Yes, some water will
get in but not much especially if you make the switch quickly.

This is a common problem. Around here it is an insect of some kind that
loves to make its home in the flywheel. When you touch them they curl up
into a ball. I have been thinking of spraying the flywheel with Raid.

Ken Danko